Ftm 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm 2014

Is there a was a way to search my family tree file on my computer by birth date alone?

TIA, Oma Alice

Welcome to the forum.

You can easeily set up the Index of Individuals to show in birth date order.
    In the top box where the word INDEX is, on the right you will see three vertical lines. Click on that and select birth date. The birth date will then show alongside the individual's name.
    Then underneath the word INDEX, there is an option for SORT and in the drop down box you will see "sort by birth date".
    You can easily toggle between "sort by birth date" and "sort by name" when and as you want.
    Elaine

Comment

If you want to find someone with a particular birth date, go to Edit (top left) and then in the drop down menu Find Individual.

Then select Birth from the drop down in the box that pops up. It will probably have Name in when it opens but you can choose any option in there. Type the date you want in the RH box. You'll need to type it in the same format that you've used for dates. For example, mine would have 1 Sep 1851.

Then click on Find and any individuals with that birth date should show
      Jackie

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Comment

Working...
        X