Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker / Win 7

Having decided to go back to follow up my old genealogy studies

I managed to find the original FTM discs and re-install FTM (v6), it does run on windows 7, BUT it cannot read the old FTM data files as it says they were created with a later version of the program ~ which they were not ! (Must be a result of installing on Win 7?).

So is there an other way of reading these files or opening them so I can get the data out of them.

I don't want to buy the latest version of FTM only to find I still cannot read them.

(I would be happy for now if I could just exported as raw text so I can at least salvage the data if not the format.?)

you could try exporting the tree to Ancestry and then downloading a Gedcom from there into FTM on your computer.

I do know that if you are using a really old version of FTM then newer versions [I run FTM 2014] then they won't be able to import data from the old program.

So I suggest that you create a Gedcom and then import that into FTM. [if you do purchase a newer version of FTM it is quite different to the older 2005 version]
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, I managed to get someone else to convert it into a Gedcom and then import it back into FTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans_FTM View Post
        Thanks, I managed to get someone else to convert it into a Gedcom and then import it back into FTM.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
        X