• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Historian 5

Just in case you don't get the newsletter - Version 5 is released:

Mine is ordered ......

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I'm very tempted! I would specially like to have fan charts available. They were the only good thing about the horrible old program I used to use before I became a FH convert!

Anne

Comment

Mine's on order too, I went for the CD as I thought that would be better than a down-load, now I'm reading all the good things and I'm having to wait!!! My History say that they should be getting them in either tomorrow or Thursday so hopefully not long to wait now. The list of 'improvements' look impressive, I can't wait to try some of them out. I've just read on one of the FH forums that A****n won't be selling it until the middle of April and seem to be charging a premium.

Margaret
      Margaret

Comment

I'm curious - who's using FH?
        I'm in the process of converting, bringing info in from several sources. It's been tough.
        When I bought FH, it included the upgrade to 5, but I haven't been notified that it was available. Anyone converted yet? Had any problems?

Comment

I went for the full version to save messing around with all the old CDs - My CD arrived yesterday, which was amazingly quick!!

This is the User Group Forum: http://www.fhug.org.uk/cgi-bin/index...&board=General, I think there has been a bit of a delay with the upgrade CDs.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
            I'm curious - who's using FH?
            When I bought FH, it included the upgrade to 5, but I haven't been notified that it was available.
            I also use Family Historian, my upgrade arrived yesterday, I've used FH for years so didn't have any conversions to do, it just loaded on top of V4 and I was away! With regard to those who bought V4 with the free upgrade I think that it depends who you bought it from, as I understand it Calico Pie would be sending e-mails out towards the end of this week, if you bought through someone else then they would be getting in touch with you. As Caroline says there has been some discussion about this on the User Group Forum so your best bet is probably to look through there or get in touch with whoever you bought your copy from.

Margaret.
            Margaret

Comment

Working...
            X