FTM sync interrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM sync interrupted

I received FTM for Mac this week and I attempted to download and sync,. This process was interupted and know I cannot load my tree. My level of frustration is high. The program does not have any visable trouble shootong access. I really hope someone cn help me please.

Have you managed to resolve problem of download?
    micwood

Comment

Originally posted by micwood View Post
      Have you managed to resolve problem of download?
      micwood

Hi Micwood

No I haven't....I feel like I have wasted money.:(

Comment

HI
        Do you still have your tree on Ancestry? and FTM for Mac application on a CD? if you have both of these I can suggest how to go about sorting it out,
        micwood

Comment

Hi again

Yes I do...I would be most grateful for your help

T

Comment

Before you do any of this below, go to your tree at Ancestry and download it as a GED to your computer, you will then have a backup if you make any errors.

What do you have FTM installed on, PC or Laptop? Try this first. If you have both trees, the one on Ancestry and the one part installed on (FTM) computer, uninstall FTM from your computer including the FTM folder where any image files are. Reinstall Application FTM and register, when you open FTM you should have a help icon on the mac info bar at the top of the screen, when clicked on Help a drop down box will show Family Tree Maker 2 Help, Online Help Center, Companion Guide. all of these will have help with using FTM. Open FTM and you should have Getting started screen, in the workspace window, click Download from Ancestry, make sure Link to Ancestry box is ticked, your tree on Ancestry should appear in workspace window in FTM, if it shows 'download' click to download and wait until everything is downloaded. When you open or exit FTM it will automatically sync with online tree and ask to make changes if any. Hope this helps, any questions contact me by private message
            micwood
            Last edited by micwood; 24-03-12, 17:02. Reason: advice

Comment

Thank you s much for this level of detail, I really appreciate your generosity.
              I will print this off and apply your advice today and let you know how I go!

Again many thanks, here's hoping :o

T

Comment

Hi Micwood

It worked! Thank you so much...now comes the matching with other peoples data.

Again thank you.

Cheers

T from Australia

Comment

Originally posted by therese45 View Post
                  Hi Micwood

It worked! Thank you so much...now comes the matching with other peoples data.

Again thank you.

Cheers

T from Australia
                  Pleased to have helped good luck.
                  micwood

Comment

Hi T,
                    Hope everything is going ok with FTM and website.
                    Micwood

Comment

With Many thanks to you all is great!
                      Thanks again

Happy family search

T

Comment

Working...
                      X