Hints resolved on Ancestry do not clear in FTM when sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints resolved on Ancestry do not clear in FTM when sync

Hints resolved on Ancestry do not clear in FTM when sync. Ancestry shows no hints while FTM shows the hints I resolved on Ancestry forcing me to do the same on FTM but the ignore function does not delete them. The merge part works but if you want to ignore them it does not work. My interpretation is when I ignore the hint, then it should away. Am I wrong. Under FTM 16 if you ignored the hint it would show ignored. In FTM 2011 and 2012, if you ignore the hint it does not show that it is ignored.

In Ancestry it displays the hints (Unreviewed Hints (0) Ignored Hints (2) Accepted Hints (4))(no leaves)

In FTM it still displays (leaves) with the two hints that were ignored in Ancestry and I have to ignore them again in FTM for them to eventually go away. Below is an example of after the above hints were ignored in Ancestry. I need your help!!!!!!! Possible matches for Thelma G Pfeifer

Schwartz/Hause Family Tree
    Public Member Tree 2 attached records, 2 sources

Name: Thelma G Pfieffer
    Birth: 1901 - Ohio
    Parents: James A Pfeifer, Grace Ann Prinnan
    Florida State Census, 1867-1945
    Census & Voter Lists

View Image

Name: Thelma E Pfeiffer
    Birth: abt 1902 - Ohio
    Residence: 1945 - Precinct 7, Palm Beach

Which version of FTM 2012 are you using?
    go to HELP -> ABOUT FAMILY TREE MAKER -> VERSION ?????
    Elaine

Comment

Comment

Elaine, I normally do all my work on Ancestry, then sync to FTM files.
        Evidently hint changes on Ancestry do not sync or change the FTM files. Therefore, if you do not want to have the hint show on FTM, then follow the procedure below from FTM help.
        If you do the hints from FTM, then Ancestry should sync. !!??!!.

To turn hints on and off

1. Click Tools > Options. The Options dialog box opens to the General tab.
        2. Make sure a check mark is in the Search online automatically when connected to the Internet is in the box. This indicates that the Shaky Leaf hints are on.
        3. To turn off the Shaky Leaf hints, click the option to remove the check mark from the box.

Comment

Hopefully that will be useful for anyone who uses the sync facility. Personally I steer well clear of it!
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X