Another way of publishing your family history stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another way of publishing your family history stories

I recently came across a free way of getting your work online. I don't know what, if any is the limit to how much you can upload for free, but I have been experimenting with issuu.com.

I haven't really found out how it all works yet but it makes your document into an e-book.

You create your document, make it into a PDF and then upload it. They do the rest.

This is my first attempt, it was just one of my web pages which I made into a PDF and uploaded, then made it public: The Bradleys
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Looks good Caroline. Not sure about the search facility on there, but I suppose you are relying more on google searches to get you there.
    There are so many ways now of getting our research names "out there", and finally we are getting away from only being able to find matching names on places like GR and Ancestry where you sometimes need a subscription to follow things up.
    Elaine

Comment

I think it could be a good way for somebody who has made a whole book and then they can share it with their family and on FB etc. rather than them pay a fortune in printing costs!!
      It's possible to set it so that it can be downloaded too.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

It does look good, doesn't it!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X