Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tree Synching is this the new way forward ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Synching is this the new way forward ?

I was trying to view somebodies tree with my people in it this is the message I got ?

The tree you are trying to save from is currently synching with Family Tree Maker and is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I wonder how much later?

Oh, interesting - I've been getting the "temporarily unavailable" a lot lately. If they're locking a tree to sync things up, that would explain much.

The tree might remain locked as long as the owner has it open?

Comment

it certainly looks like it Family ? at least we know it must be working ?

Comment

Fingers crossed its working great, think that was one of the changes made in recent update and seems to have sorted out problems was having with using synch, before it was so hit and miss if it would synch and often resulted in having to start anew.
        Do love it, before started using it did not think it would be a benefit, hard to explain why it is, but now would hate not to have it

Comment

thing is, my tree on my puter is vastly different to my ancestry tree, so I wouldnt want to sync really, as there is alot of stuff that is on my master tree that I don't want online..
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            thing is, my tree on my puter is vastly different to my ancestry tree, so I wouldnt want to sync really, as there is alot of stuff that is on my master tree that I don't want online..
            You can do that, it just means an extra tree on FTM, I did it by accident on my wifes tree (no idea how I did it, it was when trying to get it to work) do find it very handy when not sure to try thing out before put on proper tree

Comment

so what you are saying is that I d'lode a Gedcom, from Ancestry...(ie my tree/s) and then bung them into FTM?? and use that one to sync with..
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-02-12, 16:41.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                so what you are saying is that I d'lode a Gedcom, from Ancestry...(ie my tree/s) and then bung them into FTM?? and use that one to sync with..
                Yes thats way I did it with my tree, but not totally sure how did wife's one as did not do it that way.

Comment

If you don't have a tree on Ancestry (I don't and never will), can you still use the newer versions of FTM or won't it work for you?
                  ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
                    If you don't have a tree on Ancestry (I don't and never will), can you still use the newer versions of FTM or won't it work for you?
                    No need to have a tree on Ancestry Ann (I don't).

You just ignore the synch facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      No need to have a tree on Ancestry Ann (I don't).

You just ignore the synch facility.
                      Oh good, I was hoping you could ignore it. thanks.
                      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
                      X