X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree program

Hi

Is there a tree program out there that does the following things?:

Lists people who are not linked to anyone else (a floater for want of a better word!:D)

Lists people who have no death or marriage info

I would also really like one that could list everyone who has no link to me at all (im just going through my Ancestry tree and i think i must have added almost a whole village just because at some point someone was married to a distant cousin!)

Thanks very much
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Not sure whether this would do it for you but in Family Tree Maker 2010 and probably other versions of FTM - there is a filter option that allows you to define the criteria of the filter. For you this would be maybe 'no parents' or something like that I guess.

I'll see if I can make that work but "I may be gone a while" - to coin a phrase!

Margaret

Comment

Family Tree Maker 2012 (and probably previous versions as well) can produce a Kinship report. You can opt to sort individuals by kinship, so for example the closer the relationship then that person will be at the top of the list, whereas those down the bottom with be things like wife or 3rd cousin, twice removed. You can also include unrelated individuals which I presume would show up any orphaned groups (floaters).
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that's a good tip.

You can also produce Data Error reports that would highlight where there no death dates or any other specified data one of the categories is 'person unattached'.

Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 27-01-12, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
          Hi
          Is there a tree program out there that does the following things?:
          Lists people who are not linked to anyone else (a floater for want of a better word!:D)
          Lists people who have no death or marriage info

I would also really like one that could list everyone who has no link to me at all (im just going through my Ancestry tree and i think i must have added almost a whole village just because at some point someone was married to a distant cousin!)
          Family Historian can do all of that and more, the Query tools can be used to extract any data you need and the user group site have queries for download to move most of those very easily. You can download a 30 day trial and give it a go.
          Jane
          Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
          "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

excellent thanks very much for your help, as my tree is in Ancestry i dont want to have to import any data and then lose all my linked records. Will give them both a go
            Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

PAF is free. It's report function does report unlinked individuals. You could download a gedcom, running the utility, and use the report to correct in ancestry.

It has many other reports, but I haven't looked for the others you are looking for
              sarah

Comment

Working...
              X