Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family tree programs with zoomable photos

I am looking for a package which will:
    - show a tree with thumbnail photos, which I intend to scan in from prints which I have. Ideally the thumbnails should allow access to bigger pictures if the viewer chooses to see them.
    - allow viewers to edit the entries (can one safeguard this against people who might do it wrong?).
    - be free to viewers (presumably the program and data would be held in a cloud somewhere).

Does such a package exist?

There are two that come to mind phpgedview and the next generation(TNG) Phpgedview is free but TNG has to be bought. They both require to be run on a webserver with PHP and MySql.

They both have facilities to allow users to collaborate on the site with different level of ability.

Bob
    http://buswalks.co.uk

Comment

zoomable photos

Thanks, Bob. I have looked briefly at both, and will probably go with TNG. I look forward to having fun with it.

Thanks for the pointer.

Jon

Originally posted by bobdonk View Post
      There are two that come to mind phpgedview and the next generation(TNG) Phpgedview is free but TNG has to be bought. They both require to be run on a webserver with PHP and MySql.

They both have facilities to allow users to collaborate on the site with different level of ability.

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X