Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree Maker 2011/2012

Hi I am wondering if anyone can see/tell me the different between the

Family Tree Maker 2012 Platinum Edition and the Family Tree Maker 2011 Platinum on a well know site, the 2012 is 29.99 the 2011 is 39.99 both

have 6 months Premium to ancestry, which is the only reason for buying it really... just wondering why they are charging 10.00 more for the older

version..also I have noticed on all FTM they are asking for credit card details before you can activate the six months Ancestry, is this a new thing?

I am sure you never had to before......just wondering, as I have a Christmas gift voucher to use......many thanks.....Lilly....Ps I am just worried that after six months I will forget to cancel the subscription, how do other members remember?...

No idea why they are charging more for the older version, but they are!
    2012 is obviously the latest one.

Re giving your credit card details, this has always been the case for as long as I remember - same applies to a 14 day free trial!
    You will just have to make a note on your calendar to cancel at the end of the six months if you don't want to continue. In any case Ancestry generally send an email to you a week or two before the end of the subscription period to tell you the amount they will be deducting from your credit card so that will act as a reminder to you.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, just as I thought...I was just checking in case I was missing the obvious, yes I guess I will just have to remember..Lol....just seems the cheapest way was to get it, though FTM...OK I am off to order the 2012 FTM...thanks again...Lilly

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        Re giving your credit card details, this has always been the case for as long as I remember - same applies to a 14 day free trial!
        It wasn't always necessary even as recently as end of 2009. The first version of 2010 I got came with a voucher in the box and the sub simply ran out, same with my old 2006. The next purchase I made for the 2010 (coz it was worth the cost even to throw out the disc) had a code printed on the disc and asked for my credit card. They were both Platinum Worldwide ones.

Comment

Working...
        X