FTM 2011 Adding Census Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011 Adding Census Information

I have started a new family file and would like to add information about where each individual was at the time of various Census. I have customized the view for Facts to include birth, death and census. But there is only scope on the census bit for one census.

Can anyone please tell me where/how to add information regarding other census years.

Thank you.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I usually add the census via the PERSON tab -> ADD FACT (blue + sign) -> CENSUS

I have the census options set to three lines of : Data / Place / Description
    - so I usually add: Census year / address / Occupation
    - or you might prefer to use the description line for the reference.

If you want to add the census on the main page, under the BMD edit boxes on the right of the screen, then you will have to create new fact headings, one for each year, e.g. 1841 census, 1851 census, 1861 census etc ....
    Elaine

Comment

Brilliant - many thanks for that Ellaine. I was used to the 2005 version. I really like the 2011 its just finding my way around. Off to add more data manually. Feel sure you will receive some more questions.
      Kind regards - Linda
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
      X