FTM 2009 Problem - Windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 Problem - Windows 7?

I have FTM 20009 which I ran successfully on a laptop with Windows Vista. I recently bought a new laptop running on Windows 7 and have reinstalled FTM 2009 on it with all my trees (and in the process installing whatever update of FTM 2009 was available - not sure whether I had this on my other laptop).

All is fine except for one small, but annoying, problem: on the person tab on the rhs under the person's name there is a fact box with sources, media and notes tabs. When I open up FTM 2009 and go to the notes tab to look at or enter information at first all the information I had is there and the whole of the tabbed area is white.

However, after a little while 3/4 of the area turns light blue (per the background colour elsewhere on the screen) and my notes are 'squashed' into the top left hand square of this box.

As if that is not annoying enough (!), after a little while longer, the whole area turns light blue and I cannot see the notes at all! At that stage I have to close and re-open the programme and if I am doing a lot of work I am doing this many times.

Does anyone have a solution or any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks

Sorry Bertie, can't help you. Might be worth trying the Family Tree Maker message board to see if anyone has come across this before.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I have now registered my product with Avantquest and logged the problem with them so, hopefully, I'll get an answer directly from the horse's mouth!

Comment

Working...
      X