FTM Spouseless Relationship??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Spouseless Relationship??

I have the correct relationship for my aunt but also a spouseless one. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this please?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Which version of FTM are you using Lynne?
    Elaine

Comment

It's a rather old version which was sent to me by a relative in America Elaine - V16. I tried 2010 but lost some info so reverted back.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

It's very similar to FTM2006, so see if this helps.

Get the family group sheet that shows your aunt and the spouseless relationship. Does this show any children that should really be with her and another spouse? If so these need to be moved - so come back and let me know an I can give you instructions.
        After you have made sure there are no children attached to the relationship, you should be able to detach the unknown (unwanted) spouse. With your cursor on your aunt's name, click on People menu, then click on the Fix Relationship Mistakes option and select Detach Spouse

Hope that works - if not I'll think again!
        Elaine

Comment

Wow Elaine, thank you so much for that. The child was attached to the spouseless relationship. I detached the child and the spouseless relationship disappeared.
          Lynne

Comment

Working...
          X