Uploading from FTM onto Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading from FTM onto Ancestry

Basically i am running FTM on a mac book recent version of software and want to upload onto ancestry including photos. Do i have to delete the old file first then upload the new one or will it just update any new data? thanks paul
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

this was posted on Ancestry on the help board

If you upload your Family Tree Maker file, to your Member Family Tree, your Images (media files) WILL BE Uploaded to your Member Family Tree by using the Share, Upload to Ancestry.com.

I think you do delete your old tree first

Comment

thanks Val, i will give it a try
      My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

Why

Can I just ask why upload to Ancestry. What are the advantages?
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

hi Linda I actually add all the records from Ancestry to my tree on there then import a new file into my FTM programme now and then as I find it much easier to find and add records that way.

Comment

Thanks Val. Now I know. Raining here in Co. Durham. Am having to use my Mobile broadband dongle because our landline has been down since last Wednesday. Makes you realize how fast proper broadband is.
            Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

my Broadband isn't very fast owing to the fact we are too far from the station it comes from.

Comment

I was just now reading your comments about uploading your FTM files to Ancestry. I guess I'm just an old humbug but I absolutely refuse to do that. I do the research, leg work, late night frustration stuff and then they have the gall to charge a fortune for others to get that information. I will happily give it away FREE but I will not upload it to them to make money on. Sorry to be an old ---- but that's just how I feel.
                Have a great day and Good Hunting

Comment

Working...
                X