Family tree maker patinum 2011 + 6 months membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree maker patinum 2011 + 6 months membership

I have received this 'special offer' and understand that I get all the above items for £35.00.

Is this a good purchase and most important will it work on Windows 7 please.

Any comments welcome. I have a very, very small family line but with the membership I thought it was possibly a good buy unless you know of a bargain.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 13-04-11, 21:36. Reason: FTM * is it poss to correct spelling in title
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

It's a good price and the program will work on Windows 7.
    The 6 months Ancestry subscription is for the Premium package and is worth approx £52 so even if you just want it for the free subscription it's still worth buying!

Amazon were doing it for £29.99 but I have just checked and their price is now £35.99

The only other place you could check is via Tesco Club Card (if you have one) - they recently had the same package for £20.
    Elaine

Comment

Just thought I would mentioned it but Amazon have knocked the price back down to 29.99 (today 17/4/11) ......Lilly

Comment

Lilly,

Thank you always keen to save a few pence.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          The only other place you could check is via Tesco Club Card (if you have one) - they recently had the same package for £20.
          I currently use Roots Magic, but as my Worldwide sub for Ancestry is due to expire shortly, I thought this would be a good way to save money, even though I won't have access to all records. I just ordered it for £19 in clubcard vouchers. I do wish Ancestry would give loyalty discounts.:F
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

The Amazon price is fluctuating - was down to £29.99 for quite a while but I see it is now back to £35.99.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              The Amazon price is fluctuating - was down to £29.99 for quite a while but I see it is now back to £35.99.
              Yes, I almost bought it at £29.99, but hesitated and then it went up, so I decided on the Tesco option.
              Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

FTM2011 with 6 months premium on amazon for £29.99 again.

Comment

Hi Heather,

That sounds good may treat myself. Many thanks.
                  Margaret N

Comment

Still £29.99 with 6 months free Ancestry Premium. I have just bought FTM and cancelled my Ancestry renewal which was due at the beginning of October. Wont load the 6 months free until then.

Looking forward to seeing what FTM 2011 is like. I used 2005 in the past, but for the last 18 months have used FH. Hope FTM 2011 is more user friendly.
                    Last edited by Linda from Murton; 03-09-11, 15:44.
                    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
                    X