FTM report question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM report question

Is it possible to do a report on FTM, which would show People that were born in a certain year/month? I've looked but can't see a way of doing it myself.
    Thanks
    Lynn

You can do a report and put the birth dates in chronological order - but if you are wanting to do this just to find ancestors who were born in a certain month of the year then it wont work!

Click on the report icon and select Custom
    In Contents select Items to include
    select name and date of birth
    Then click on Format and select Sort report and select sort by name in the drop down list.

This gives you a chronological listing.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I knew there must be some way to do it. Unfortunately, it won't help me find births in December for Simon's advent calender idea :(, but its good to know anyway, thanks
      Lynn

Comment

To find births in December:

Click on Edit and then on Find Individual.
        Then in the little search window that appears, click on the dropdown menu next to Search, and then select Birth date by clicking on it.

In the box next to for, enter "December" or "Dec", and then click on Find next

This will bring up the December births one by one.
        Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah! Forgot about that! :o
          Elaine

Comment

Lovely Sarah, thanks
            Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 20-11-07, 13:56. Reason: Oops, got the wrong name
            Lynn

Comment

If you are trying to find birthdays and anniversaries for Simon's December thread then ......

Go to VIEW
              Select CALENDAR
              Select CONTENTS / ITEMS TO INCLUDE
              Select December 2007 - Birthdays and Anniversaries
              untick the box which says "print only if still alive"

... you will then see the names of ancestors celebrating during the month of December - check in your index of individuals (using the relationship calculator if necessary) to see if they are direct ancestors and for the full dates etc.

Works in FTM2006 - not sure if the calendar is available in previous versions of the program.
              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 02-12-07, 09:45.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. this didn't work for me when I tried before, but this time I noticed that I'd ticked a box to allow only those still alive, when I removed that, I got a lot more.
                Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 02-12-07, 07:42.
                Lynn

Comment

oops - yes - should have included that in the instructions! Will add it for anyone else who might want to use this way of doing it.
                  Elaine

Comment

Working...
                  X