FTM 2006 to FTM 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 to FTM 2010

I have just installed FTM2010 on my laptop and it will not accept the FBC file from my memory stick (FTM2006), is a gedcom the way to go, if so i have forgotten how to create one. :o

The DVD player is not connected on my main computer so can`t put 2010 on here.

Any suggestions welcome.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Have you tried copying your FBC file on to your computer first, and then trying to open it - rather than trying to open from the memory stick.
    If that doesn't work can you copy the *xxxx.ftm file on to your laptop and open that with FTM2010.

I would avoid using a gedcom as any images you have with your FTM2006 data file will not be transferred.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, i tried copying it on the laptop first, but it didnt work. Meanwhile my son called in and will network the 2 computers tomorrow for me, so i can access the photos on the main one. He also helped me with the gedcom, i`m just impatient to get the 2010 one working.

Thankyou again it is appreciated
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X