Family Historian Bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Historian Bliss

I have had Family Historian for about 18 months. (Used to use FTM2005). I always had a niggle that I couldn't see as much on the right hand panel as I would have wished. Name OK Dates OK but it didn't show where they were born and died.

Duhh - this morning I found, yes as you probably already know - if you drag the left side of the panel to the left it reveals a lot more information.

Oh bliss, I am now more than happy with Family Historian and am finding more and more good points about it. Not that I am saying I'm slow, but a snail has just overtook me.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Just to add if you click on the options menu (top right of the Property Box and select customise you can configure most of the tabs to show what ever facts and fields you want.
    Jane
    Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Many thanks for that jtaubman. You find something new every day.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Hi there, is someone out there able to give me a link to their website so I can view how a website looks using 'Family Historian version 4.1'?
        I am about to purchase it but was curious as to how the website look using this product.
        Thanks and cheers Jane

Comment

Hi,

I seem to remember that Wulliam uses it - this is his site: http://wulliam.co.uk/2genealogy/index.html

I didn't go with it as I wanted to do more with the layout and that would have meant big problems for me with links when I wanted to update it.

I am not sure whether anyone else on here uses it.

I use TNG for the tree part of my site and then upload the GEDCOM to that. Darksectretz/Grimsqueaker use that too: http://www.julies-genealogy-pages.co.uk/

The TNG site is at: http://lythgoes.net/genealogy/software.php (and just found from link that I need to upgrade!!)

Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks a lot Caroline. I will look into it. I think I am 'jumping the gun' a bit. Need to just get it all loaded and look at this down the track. Just too exciting though...
            Good night! Cheers Jane (6th cousin).

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
              I seem to remember that Wulliam uses it - this is his site: http://wulliam.co.uk/2genealogy/index.html
              I'm impressed that you remembered Caroline! I'm currently trying to go back through every last source I have and do it properly as I'm not happy with what was actually my second effort - that's what's online at present. Once I've done that I'll update the whole lot.

I would never use anything now but FH - it's great!
              Last edited by wulliam; 24-07-10, 14:41. Reason: typo
              Kind regards,
              William
              Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                I'm impressed that you remembered Caroline! I'm currently trying to go back through every last source I have and do it properly as I'm not happy with what was actually my second effort - that's what's online at present. Once I've done that I'll update the whole lot.

I would never use anything now by FH - it's great!
                I think I remembered as you are a fellow FH user, so was interested to see how your site came out as I had decided not to use the online facility. I completely agree about FH - I use it for creating the GEDCOM, but find that TNG is easier for updating it online. Once it is set up, you can just upload the latest version and all the links stay in place. I wanted the flexibility of being able to change things like format, layout and articles knowing that the tree itself wouldn't change - though I don't seem to have as much time as I would like for working on my site for some reason!!
                Caroline
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by wulliam View Post
                  I would never use anything now by FH - it's great!
                  Couldn't agree more. So much so that when we changed over to our mac computers I ended up having to get a copy of parallels so that I could still use it. I did try a couple of mac genealogy programs, which were ok, but for me at least, once you've tried FH nothing else is good enough. One day hopefully they will produce a mac version of it.

Linda
                  LindaG

Comment

And I have just realised that the link in my signature was an old one ...
                    Caroline

Comment

Working...
                    X