Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family tree Print - many generations - where can it be printed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tree Print - many generations - where can it be printed ?

Hi everyone,
    I want to get a print out done of my family tree, have it framed and present it to my sister.
    I dont want to do it on my printer at home and have to stick A4 pages together.
    I wondered if anyone can recommend somewhere that I can get my tree printed ?
    (9 generations).
    I want to include at least d.o.b and date of death for each person.
    (or is it possible to include other information, without it being 10ft long )
    And also how expansive can it be as I want to include my maternal and paternal side.
    Kind regards......John

My personal recommendation would be Genealogy Printers
    I have seen some trees that have been printed by them and they are excellent - and not too expensive.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.... Regards John

Comment

I was going to go to genealogy printers recently, but left things to the last minute.( Ron was really helpful with our email communications,) but ended up taking the file to Staples as a PDF and got a print done that way, It worked and has served it's purpose as a gift, but, I think Genalogy printers would be your best bet.
        Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
          but ended up taking the file to Staples as a PDF and got a print done that way,.
          Hmm that's intresting Sue, I didnt realise they did that ?
          What software did you use to create the PDF and did they print while you waited ?
          John

Comment

I exported the selected tree from FTM, an old version, as a PDF,using one of the templates on the software. with all the stuff I wanted included. I only was including the paternal line for my neice, to trace where the surname she was about to give up came from. I went back 7 generations. I included place and DOB, Place and DOD, Place and DOMariage. and the women the men had married. They did it while I waited, took about 15 minutes and cost about £12. I was printed on a huge piece of paper, but the printed area was about A3. It was printed on an ink jet plotter.
            As I said Ron from Genealogy printers seems a really approachable bloke, and an email to him with what you want won't go amiss, he will let you know how much it will cost and what they can do for you re design.
            Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

That's great thanks Sue.....John

Comment

Working...
              X