X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 people missing.

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help.

I was working in FTM 2010 today, and suddenly noticed that my OH's grandfather had 3 spouses, but the spouses had no parents. A closer look showed only two, with correct children attached to each spouse.But the 3rd was unknown. To cut a long story short, I checked Ancestry and lo and behold all are there and accounted for. Same no. of people in each tree and no double ups and certainly no mystery spouses. So I tried deleting the unknown spouse to no avail. In the end I re downloaded Ancestry tree back to 2010, and compared again. All appeared fine, and printing a Descendant report worked perfectly. But then I looked at one of the spouses again, and she had a father this time, but no mother...Weird as they are all there on ancestry. siblings have moved around too....some attached to their father, but some attached to the mother but parents not attached to one another? Has any one else had this problem??

jackie
    Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

no but since I managed to get all my photos on there from Ancestry I keep getting the message FTM did not close down correctly?????????????????? and it wont find the file ???????????

Comment

Val, I think you will find that by default FTM2010 looks in the Family Tree Maker folder in My Documents for your data files. If your file hasn't been saved into that folder then I would suggest you move it across.
      Elaine

Comment

thanks for that Elaine just had a look and cannot find it ? oh dear

Comment

Well, the first thing to do is to locate your file. It will have a ftm extension to it.

Do you know how to search for files on your computer - if not, which operating system are you using?
          Elaine

Comment

I sort of know Elaine I'm on Vista thanks

Comment

Working...
            X