Family Tree Maker/Tesco Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker/Tesco Points

I have just noticed that Family Tree Maker 2009 Platinum can be bought with £15 worth of Tesco Clubcard Points.

Six months worth of Ancestry Essential Membership comes with this version can I defer the membership until August when my current subscription ends or do I not order it until then?

Thank you.

Regards
    Jill

You should find, when you open the box, that there is an activation code for your Ancestry subscription. What you would do is install the software on your computer and use it as normal, then when your existing Ancestry membership is about to expire, you would activate the free six month offer.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine I was hoping it would be something like that.

I have been thinking of upgrading for a while but didn't want to spend money when my FTM 2005 is more than adequate this offer is good for me as I have loads of Clubcard points.

Regards
      Jill

Comment

It's worth it just for the Ancestry sub, if nothing else!
        Elaine

Comment

Yes it is I wasn't going to subscribe again as the prices are silly now and I don't like the fact that as I have the old subscription I can't get knew releases. I would miss it though I know.

Thanks.

Regards
          Jill

Comment

Bear in mind that the Essential membership won't include new releases, though.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes I know but even the Essentials package for 6 months will be better than nothing.

I was going to go to the Library every few weeks once my subscription had finished but it is a bus ride of 40 minutes so this will be easier if I want more I will visit the Library.

I will probably give in eventually and upgrade to the Premium subscription but times are tight.

Regards
              Jill

Comment

Originally posted by dahaniuk View Post
                I have just noticed that Family Tree Maker 2009 Platinum can be bought with £15 worth of Tesco Clubcard Points.

Six months worth of Ancestry Essential Membership comes with this version can I defer the membership until August when my current subscription ends or do I not order it until then?

Thank you.

Regards
                Jill
                I have just bought FTM 2009 it is only the upgrade one, (as I dont need all the bells and whistles,) when I installed it firstly it looked for updates and then when I registered it the free month of 'Ancestry Essentials' was added onto my existing package. So I got an extra month added to my 'Premium package' from FTM.

hope this helps answer your question
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Julie good to know.

Regards
                  Jill

Comment

no probs,
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I rang Ancestry about the free essentials pack and they will upgrade to premium deducting 6 months worth of essentials from it. I don't think that made much sense. Premium is 107.40 and essentials is 83.40 they will deduct 41.00 from 107 if you want 12 months of Premium instead. I thought it was quite good to get 12 months for 66.00.
                      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Thank you Jules that is very interesting I will think about that offer as it sounds good. That is about how much I used to pay for 12 months subscription in the old days of one package.

Regards
                        Jill

Comment

Jill

When I telephoned Ancestry to ask about the free 6 months FTM offer (to see if it was worthwhile going that route), I was told that if I wanted the upgrade, they would credit (ie deduct) half the difference between the annual Premium £107 and annual Essentials, i.e. about £14.

Seems it depends which person you speak to!

Carol

Comment

Thank you Carol I have ordered the voucher when FTM 2009 arrives I will ring Ancestry and see what they tell me probably something completely different to you and Jules lol.

Regards
                            Jill

Comment

Thanks for the tip: I'll get a copy for the Ancestry, but some how don't think I will returning to Family Tree Maker as my main product any time soon.
                              Jane
                              Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
                              "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

I received my Family Tree Maker 2009 today.

I rang Ancestry explaining I already had a subscription and with FTM 2009 came 6 months the Lady told me to ring near the end of my subscription (August) and they will add it on.

I also asked how much I would have to pay if I wanted to upgrade to the Premium package and was told £35 plus tax would be taken off. So I will consider that nearer the time.

Regards
                                Jill

Comment

My FTM 2009 Won't load

I just bought FTM 2009 via the internet as I found it on offer for 24.95 pounds. The package included 6 months Essentials membership. I rang Ancestry yesterday and the lady took my code number supplied with the CD and said that the 6 months would be added to my current subscription within the next few days. It's not there yet.

Now the big problem is that the cd won't load!!! I am using XP. Not realising it could be the disc and thinking that my computer must have a problem I called my friendly computer man who always looks after our computers. After being her at our house for over three hours it still won't load. By the time I pay his bill, which I haven't received yet, I will be out of pocket even taking into account the free Ancestry subs which I haven't received yet either.

Comment

When you say it doesn´t load, can you explain exactly what happens.
                                    Does the installation progam start to run automatically - are you getting a specific error message, if so what and when?
                                    Elaine

Comment

Watch out when you use the upgrade...the photos don't transfer from your old program into the new one!
                                      I've lost my aunty! ANNIE SMITH last known address 232 WEST PARADE, LINC'S in 1939.

Comment

I didn't have any problem at all transferring data and photos between FTM 2006 to FTM 2008/2010.
                                        When I installed the program and opened my family tree file all the photos that I had previously added in the scrapbook automatically appeared in the new version.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X