Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration of photos from other software

Hi There,

I recently migrated from Brothers Keeper on Windows to Family Tree on Mac. Everything came across nicely via Gedcom file. One thing I notice is that the original pathnames to any photos I had in BK came across, which is completely understandable. But I will be storing the photos in a different folder on the Mac, not c:\users\....

Is there a way that I can globally update the pathnames of the photo files rather than edit them one at a time?

Thanks

Martin McGovern

I know you can change the default location to store files, you would need to set this when you import. Google takes me to this old page, I am not on latest version but know this has been on software for years.

* Changing the default file location for my new files in Family Tree Maker Answer ID 5480 How do I change the default file location for my new files in Family Tree Maker? You are able to chang

There is a FB group for support and also this for the software

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure that this would fix it. I could see how changing the default location to store files would affect new images but I don't see how it would change the pathnames in the migrated data, even if I reloaded the data.

he pathnames that came across are the original Windows pathnames and I can understand why it would do that. That is the data, including the filename that is associated with the image.

What I was hoping was that I could substitute these pathnames with their new Mac pathnames.

Comment

Working...
      X