Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to publish to HTML

Hi All,

Is there any software which will let me generate a family tree chart from a GEDCOM file (I am using Legacy) and export it to a website. I have my own website and would like to be able to include some descendant charts in it without having to re-enter names, dates etc.

Cheers

RobertWA

Although I haven't used the facility, Family Historian produces excellent charts and people put them on their own websites. Have a look at the 'Family Historian User Group' where I'm sure the question has been asked many times before. https://www.fhug.org.uk/

Anne

Comment

Thank you Anne

Comment

rootsmagic also creates HTML charts, no done it in a very long time though, they weren't amazing years ago, but that was several versions ago.

Are you sure Legacy doesn't do it? https://legacyfamilytree.com/tipsWebPages.asp
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you Carolyn and Anne.

I earlier contacted Roots Magic with my query. They replied "RootsMagic 8 does not generate HTML files. RootsMagic 7 did generate HTML files, but since the release of RootsMagic 8 we are no longer selling RootsMagic 7. We retired RootsMagic 7 back in October of 2021."

Legacy does create web pages but only in text form. What I am looking for is a traditional;l descendants chart, but without much success.

Family Historian advises to save the charts as pdf files to include in websites.

Robert

Comment

oh that's rubbish abouts rootsmagic! I guess it is because they are trying to sell their cloud facility
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
            X