FTM 2006 key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 key

Help! I thought I would easily find my licence / product key in the “About” menu. I’m not sure what I’m seeing.

Is it the 9 character thing called Product Code listed under program version or is it the 24 character string with no spaces etc. called Unique ID found under the “Advanced” button.

I’m puzzled as neither is the usual format of 25 characters in 5 blocks of 5 separated by dashes.

not sure but if it was me I'd try one, if that did not work then the other.

Comment

hope you sort it

Comment

LOL Will try tomorrow. Now that my Windows in Parallels issue is sorted, it might be that the programme is hiding in there somewhere.

Comment

I did contact Mackive but they said they dont use product keys , seems Ancestry when they owned it did them.
          So maybe Ancestry can help

Comment

https://support.ancestry.com/s/artic...Tree-Maker-FAQ

scroll down for the chat

Comment

Hmphh! That was a total waste of time. In a nutshell, they don’t know and don’t have either the training or the product knowledge to answer any questions about the programme right up to and including the 2012 version which was the last one made when they owned it. All they would say was go ask mackiev which as we know from Val’s enquiry is no use as they don’t know either.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                LOL Will try tomorrow. Now that my Windows in Parallels issue is sorted, it might be that the programme is hiding in there somewhere.
                Sadly the programme is not hiding in there nor are any other programmes I had installed via Parallels.

Comment

Lots of info on Parallels

A product activation key is a set of 30 characters divided into five blocks of six characters:

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    Lots of info on Parallels

https://kb.parallels.com/115424
                    It’s not my key for Parallels that I’ve lost Val. I have that. It’s the one for the CD-ROM of FTM 2006. I have the key for every other blooming thing bar that one.

Comment

No wonder I couldn’t find the key! You don’t need one. I just stuck it in the dvd drive and it went into autorun.
                      As it’s running in Parallels, it needs a wee tweak. OLE2NLS.DLL needs putting into the SYSTEM directory in the Windows directory. I remember that now from before so I’ll nip up to see O at his workshop later in the week. He did it last time as I wouldn’t know where to start with such things so best not to meddle.
                      Parallels got all confuzzed somehow (my fault most likely) so that’s why I’m having to re-install my programs.

Comment

well done, but how frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          well done, but how frustrating.
                          That’s putting it mildly You’d think that even if ancestry hasn’t the technical knowledge any more to fix things on software they used to sell/own, they would have known that something that old hadn’t needed a password.
                          I also posted on an FB group and said both ancestry and mackiev had no knowledge and each had referred me to the other. Someone suggested that in mackiev’s case, that was rubbish and I should insist on speaking to a supervisor as they did indeed take over support for the older versions. They really don’t want to try to help and always push you to pay for the latest product and have to say I’ve seen that criticism in groups quite a bit.

Comment

Nobody seems to liasion with each other these days, glad you are sorted.
                            I have been adding addresses to my Dymo Address Book, so satisfying lol

Comment

Working...
                            X