FTM sorting info question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM sorting info question

First, Just signed up for this forum. Hope this is the correct place for this, but could not find any topics that seemed to fit what I am about to ask.

Have been using FTM for quite some time now. Love how it works and am pretty comfortable with it. Not an expert, but I can make it work for what I need it to do.

My wife and I are campers and we will be camping in a few weeks in an area of Ohio that my family is from. There are several cemeteries near the campground that we will be checking out to get info from headstones and such.

Is there a way to search my FTM database to pull the names from the area I will be at? (cities, counties)
    I would love to pull a list and then do a cemetery search to go locate these graves.

Also, haven't looked yet, but does FTM have a mobile App?

Thanks

Bob

Welcome to the forum. I hope one of our FTM using members will be able to suggest something for you.

Despite our name we are a general genealogy forum and not connected with the software, although several of our active members do use it.

In the meantime I guess you already have the Companion Guide?

https://downloads.mackiev.com/ftm/cg...nGuide_Win.pdf - this has a chapter on running reports and p200 has a Places. I am more familiar with Family Historian which allows you to run quite specific queries.

There are some apps for phone which allow you to load in your GEDCOM, some are just for viewing your tree, others allow you to edit.

Ancestry, Findmypast and FamilySearch all have one so you could upload your tree there and then use the app.

Swipe away with the most useful genealogy and family tree apps that are right in the palm of your hand, and take your research on the go.

Download FamilySearch mobile apps to take your family history and genealogy research on the go. Look for the Family Tree, Memories, and Get Involved apps in your device's app store.

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you look at the top bar of FTM you will see a few tabs. The third one along is places. That brings a side bar up which you can search for a specific place. All names related to that place are displayed on the right hand side of the screen.

I can't answer your question about the app, so one else may know

Barbara

Comment

Working...
      X