FTM 2019 Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2019 Database Error

Twice recently I have received an error when syncing with ancestry.com. The error says that there is a database error and I need to restore. I do have autobackup switched on but the database with the error has overwritten it. My last manual back up is a few weeks old. Is there any way to fix the database? I currently have it downloading a version from ancestry.com with a new title. The issue with this is that I have lost all the manual notes I made in FTM and it is downloading more than 3000 new media files which I had renamed and edited. HELP. I am running FTM2019 on PC. Thanks

Just had a thought after I wrote this. If my FTM file seems to be OK (which it does) then maybe I go the other way and upload that to ancestry rather than downloading - Thoughts?

Comment

I see your posting is a month old and wonder how you got on?

Sorry though, I have no magic answer. Your question actually caught my eye because in recent weeks I have made the decision to try and reduce my old paper files and try and improve the quality of notes within FTM 2019. As a result, that also led me on to the previous hap-hazard way that I had named Media and so was also renaming my Media and trying to improve Categorising. (I’d just love to be able to use the Family Book Creator plug-in so need to improve everything.)

Now I normally action a manual back-up of all documents/photos on the PC once a month, but because of all the time I had taken in updating notes and re-cataloguing media, that I did action a back-up at this stage, nightly, and just of my FTM files. I did not over-ride, just a new back-up.

To back-up, I chose a new unused flashdrive and left it to do the back-up late at night, three hours???? I now have found a portable hard drive that I will use for interim back-ups of folders that I want to do. The same backup, same size, around 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
      X