Mistake showing on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake showing on charts

Hi all, not sure if this is where to post this!
    I have uploaded a Gedcom from Ancestry to an online printing site but some of the names show then underneath says AKA and the name again yet on my Ancestry tree this doesn't show anywhere! Why, what have I done, how can I change it - does anyone know how to get it right?
    Thanks very much
    Tessie

Do you have alternative names for them. I know ancestry asks me if I want to change a name whether to make it preference or alternative.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

No. I've turned off 'alternative information' as well (I think)!

Comment

if you check one of the errors on Ancestry and you click the "name and gender" can you see an alternative there?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Carolyn - in the quick edit bit? No, just shows her name - no aka's anywhere!?

Comment

Not on the quick edit here:

AKA.JPG
            There is an also known as choice, but this seems to appear at the bottom of the timeline
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Comment

Ah ok, I've just re-done the chart using the same GEDCOM and the 'AKA's' are no longer showing so goodness knows what was wrong! Thanks for the tips and hints

Comment

Working...
              X