Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to falsify my data, or is there a better way ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to falsify my data, or is there a better way ?

I want to include step-children on an outline descendant report. The bloodline focus of the report is the 3rd wife of an individual. That individual had children by wife #1 and wife #2. I want to include those step-children and their descendants on the report. Of course, I can deliberately falsify the data and assign the 3rd wife as the biological mother of the step children. Is there an easier and more honest way to accomplish this? I use the charting companion report plug-in, but I don't see an option to do this.

Hello Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

I assume you are referring to Family Tree Maker to whom we are not affiliated. Although many members here use FTM and are willing to help I would suggest your first port of call would be to join and post on the FTM Facebook page which is specifically dedicated to that particular software.

This group is for users of the Family Tree Maker software. If you have not yet purchased the Family Tree Maker (FTM) program, please review https://support.mackiev.com/431886-Whats-New-in-FTM-2019...
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Look closely into each person’s individual details page. On my very old version of FTM, there is an option in there somewhere to include or exclude the person from trees and reports. Am not at home at the moment so can’t check. I would assume newer versions of the software have the same options.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
        Hello Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

I assume you are referring to Family Tree Maker to whom we are not affiliated. Although many members here use FTM and are willing to help I would suggest your first port of call would be to join and post on the FTM Facebook page which is specifically dedicated to that particular software.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FamilyTreeMakerUsers/
        Yes, FTM and charting companion. Thanks for the f/b suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
          Look closely into each person’s individual details page. On my very old version of FTM, there is an option in there somewhere to include or exclude the person from trees and reports. Am not at home at the moment so can’t check. I would assume newer versions of the software have the same options.
          Thanks for the tip. I will have to look for this. I am using the 2019 version of FTM. Generally, they add features, rather than take them away. Here's something I found:

The Custom Person Report lets you define the individuals and the facts to include in the report. You can include or exclude any individual and any fact.

I will look at this, too. Unfortunately, the format of the custom person report is not what I want. But it's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
          X