Citations/References

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citations/References

Is it possible to set a "Confidence" level for the references or citations used for individuals? The software I used to use had 4 different levels, from something like Confident, to Unsure. Can't find anything in the Help or on line instruction book. I use a Mac.

what software are you referring?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Family Tree Maker 2019 for the Mac
      (I'm a new user and thought this forum was for Family Tree Maker users - is other software discussed here?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia4 View Post
        Family Tree Maker 2019 for the Mac
        (I'm a new user and thought this forum was for Family Tree Maker users - is other software discussed here?)
        yes any family tree software is discussed, I don't have 2019 version of FTM, will look later, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. I only really choose to use it for its synching capabilities to Ancestry, I don't think it is the most versatile family tree software.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

There are warnings on our Facebook page and our home page, that despite our name we are not connected with the software. However, several members use it and may be able to help you out.

In the meantime, you might find this useful even if they are for earlier versions of FTM. (I will keep adding as I find them.)

https://www.strath.ac.uk/media/1neww...ation-2014.pdf

https://ftmuser.blogspot.com/2019/09/ - worth investigating this blog as there is lots of help with FTM here.

A search on citations on the previous site: https://ftmuser.blogspot.com/search?...0&by-date=true
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Family Tree Makers LIVE chat is very useful - The technical people there are very good. Add as much info as you can. They will talk you through the problem/query. If they don't have an answer straight away they will email you within 24 hrs.

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you everyone for the clarification and suggestions. I Googled for a help site for the software and this one came up.
              I'll try the links and/or theMackiev site as suggested.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the clarification and suggestions. I Googled for a help site for the software and this one came up.
                However you came across us you are very welcome. Even if nobody comes up with an answer for you, and they may see your question later, there is a lot more to join in with!
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

why have you changed is it for synching to Ancestry?
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

I was using Family Tree Builder from MyHeritage but it is no longer compatible with Mac IOS (support was discontinued after the latest system upgrade). I am considering just using Ancestry for the tree although I don't have a membership at this time.

Comment

I have read from posts on here that other tree software seems more versatile than FTM, but for me it is the only one that synchs to Ancestry and I am too lazy to save all the media separately. I actually have rootsmagic too, as this also synchs - but in a very laborious way, so gave up! I much prefer the reporting on that and sometimes upload a current gedcom file to get some different reports.

I don't have anyone to share/report the tree. But it does annoy me that recently deceased are viewable on Ancestry, so I keep them alive and leave a comment on their record.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you for your input. It doesn't sound as though there is a 'perfect' solution...

Comment

Working...
                        X