BT Cloud cannot back up FTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Cloud cannot back up FTM

I keep getting an error message saying Cloud could not back up my Tree ?any ideas thanks

Do you drag and drop it to the Cloud folder, Val? That's how I back up all my files but I don't have FTM.
    Anne

Comment

you know what Anne I never think of doing that , shall try that thanks

Comment

now getting this message?

You have attempted to upload a file that exceeds the operator configured size limit

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          now getting this message?

You have attempted to upload a file that exceeds the operator configured size limit
          Looks like there is a maximum upload size and your file is larger than that
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks again have done it before , it says I have used 6.6 of 1000, 00 GB, so thought I had loads of room left.

Comment

Thanks again have done it before , it says I have used 6.6 of 1000, 00 GB, so thought I had loads of room left.
              It's nothing to do with the space you have available. The error is relating to the file you are trying to upload being too large for the upload process.

Comment

I would suggest the best course to take is either to speak to BT or investigate their support forums.

Comment

okay thanks

Comment

A quick google and it seems a while back it was 10 gb limit. Has you tree just exceeded this size, and that is why it has just stopped working.

Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Hi and thanks ,they have 3 packages I have 1000,0 GB so should have plenty of room.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                        A quick google and it seems a while back it was 10 gb limit. Has you tree just exceeded this size, and that is why it has just stopped working.
                        This is the upload limit - not the storage size

Hi and thanks ,they have 3 packages I have 1000,0 GB so should have plenty of room.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I have 1000 GB too Val and have never had any problem uploading, although its not the fastest in the world. When I started using it I drag and dropped all my files into it and it took the best part of 24 hours with its little wheel going round before it was finished.

How big is your FTM file? You can usually find the size by hovering the mouse over the file name.
                          anne

Comment

Thanks for your replies Carolyn , and Anne looks like it is 152MB ?

Comment

Well that's really not that large. I've certainly uploaded larger files than that. Don't know what to suggest.
                              Anne

Comment

I've got in in Dropbox now, given up on cloud for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X