WD Passport separate hard drive problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD Passport separate hard drive problem

I wonder if anyone can suggest what the problem is please. My WD Passport hard drive comes up fine on hubby's laptop and his computer as Passport in F drive, the same as it has always done on my laptop. However, I haven't plugged it in to mine for a while and when I tried this morning it is recognising it as a CD and refusing to open it. Any suggestions welcomed but I have to dash now, so not ignoring anyone.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Have you tried a different USB slot? Some of my devices only work on some of them
    Anne

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Anne, and I did try a different slot. The thing is though that it does recognise it but as a Disc! My hubby also has a WD Passport and his came up fine for me. So we have spent most of the day trying to sort it out. He copied everything from mine to his, then we formatted mine. It still only comes up as a Disc though and won't let me do anything with it, so I think hubby has decided to move his stuff on to mine and put my stuff on his.
      It's the weirdest thing to happen to me yet, and believe me I am no stranger to weird things happening to my computer lol

Comment

Chrissie seems its a common problem look here

Best answer: Mine is doing the same thing. Worked for months, now when it's plugged in it shows as a CD=Drive "E". When clicked on, says insert a disk in the drive. Can't access files. I downloaded and ran the software from the WD site...

Comment

Thanks Val, I am reading it now

Comment

Hubby has found a couple of old spare ones that work in my computer, so he is using mine and I now have two lol
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 04-04-17, 10:01.

Comment

Working...
            X