Back up program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up program

I want to back up specific files to an external hard drive. The drive is not always connected so I don't want a full copy back up each time - just any changes I have made since the last time the backup program was run.
    I've used Synctoy in the past but I am reading it no longer properly works with Windows 10.

Any recommendations for an alternative?
    Thanks.
    Elaine

I've been using FreeFileSync for a couple of years now. Much more powerful than Synctoy, and more reliable.

Download FreeFileSync 13.4. FreeFileSync is a free open source data backup software that helps you synchronize files and folders on Windows, Linux and macOS.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thanks Pete. Just downloaded it - on a test run at the moment!
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks again Pete. Seems to be working well.
        Elaine

Comment

Personally for backups or an file transfers I use 'drag and drop' from one window (computer) to another (device or cloud). I prefer to do thid because its me that's in control, not some other program. Often make a random check to make sure it worked OK and, so far, it always has.
          Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne. I often use drag and drop for backing up to a USB stick or small external disc drive, but in this instance I needed something that would remain plugged in and copy amendments across as and when I want it to.
            Very happy with Pete's suggestion of FreeFileSync - just trying to get my head around it backing up automatically as changes are made!
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X