Windows 10 and McAfee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    well that's interesting, installed it on my laptop tonight, and it told me, its free for a month ,and after that £4 per month for as many PCs as you want, does anybody know different.?
    Where did you download it from?

You need to log in to My BT: Your Package

Then:View your package

Next go to Make your Broadband Smarter > See your Broadband extras

Then go to Download BT Virus Protect or Manage BT Virus Protect

It will tell you how many you've got it installed on - though mine say I've only got it on 1 out of 15 which isn't true since it's on 3 machine not just this one and they update themselves, so I had better investigate that. :D

At no point are you asked to pay anything and there is no mention of a month's trial.

P.S. I've not bothered with True Key.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I did do it that way Caroiline and this is part of the email they sent me valbt.JPG

Comment

I did do it that way Caroiline and this is part of the email they sent me
        That's odd - that looks like a message to non-BT user. Were you logged in to My BT - it's separate from the email part. By the way. you might want to remove your email address from the screenshot.
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

dont know how to Caroline HELP

Comment

dont know how to Caroline HELP
            I've done it for you.
            Caroline

Comment

ooh thanks, I am going to ask BT about that charge, as I definitely got it from My BT .

Comment

Just for interest - Windows 10 has it's own antivirus software called Windows Defender which is already installed and works fine. I used to have AVG but got fed up with constant adverts to upgrade fro the free version to a a paid one so I uninstalled it and have been using Windows Defender ever since with no problems whatsoever.

Margaret

Comment

I had that on Vista too Margaret, but thought of it more as a firewall? I wonder if its good as McAfee???

Comment

I just stick with the Windows Defender as well, Val and I haven't had any problems....fingers crossed...lol
                    Jacky

Comment

really? thanks Jackie ,I feel thick now I never realised:(

Comment

really? thanks Jackie ,I feel thick now I never realised:(
                        I didn't know what to do either when I got my Windows 10, Val, but someone on here recommended this and I've had no problems......
                        Jacky

Comment

there is so much to get used to, am getting there though.

Comment

I had that on Vista too Margaret, but thought of it more as a firewall? I wonder if its good as McAfee???
                            No not just a firewall a complete antivirus package. No need for anything else, except maybe Malwarebytes.
                            Margaret

Comment

thanks again Margaret so I can uninstall the BT virus protection I installed then ?
                              Can I or do I need Ccleaner too ??
                              Last edited by Guest; 18-04-17, 20:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X