Windows 10 and McAfee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 and McAfee

would you advise to stick with McAfee when the free trial period ends on , if not what would you recommend
    Thanks

McAfee works well for me, I had a sub but now I get it free now via my BT internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
      McAfee works well for me, I had a sub but now I get it free now via my BT internet.
      Ditto.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Me too!
        Anne

Comment

really ?? I'm with BT and I have never been offered it .

Comment

I've got it free too Val. You have to have BT Broadband

Learn how to keep your PC or Mac safe with BT Virus Protect. Our BT anti-virus software gives you security from identity theft and other online threats.

Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie I must be the only person who did not know you could have it, I have been on the chat line, and the phone with them, so much this past fortnight, as the new windows 10 still will not receive or send emails from my BT address, and they put my charges up instead of down, after I got a new deal with them, amazed nobody mentioned it when they looked at what I was using.

Comment

We use the free BT Cloud as well. I got paranoid about backing up my family tree files and photos and was using an external hard drive but that meant I had to remember to run it regularly. BT Cloud backs up automatically as you work.

OH and I both have the virus protect and cloud on our laptops through the same BT account. He takes loads of photos and it means that I can access them without him having to send them to me. (Wouldn't be any good if we wanted to hide anything from one another ;))

Sounds like I'm touting for business - I don't work for BT and I'm not on commission :D

Shame you're having problems with Windows 10. I got a new laptop a couple of months ago and went from Windows 7 to 10. Have to say that it was much easier than I thought it would be and now I'm used to it I quite like it.
                Last edited by Night Owl; 31-03-17, 13:29.
                Jackie

Comment

very helpful Jackie have now installed the mcafee on both pcs and cloud, which I had uninstalled for some reason.
                  I'm not very clear on how cloud works maybe thats why.

Comment

well that's interesting, installed it on my laptop tonight, and it told me, its free for a month ,and after that £4 per month for as many PCs as you want, does anybody know different.?

Comment

You don't pay if you download it from the BT website. You can have up to 9 (I think) computers with it. Called BT Protect but it is Mcafee.
                      Anne

Comment

What BT package have you got Val?

On that link I posted before it says

Who can get BT Virus Protect?
                        Virus Protect is free to all BT broadband customers. Depending on your package you can install it on 2 or 15 machines, or upgrade to a 15-licence for £4 a month with the first month free.
                        Jackie

Comment

Oh, right then. The change from when I last looked (some time ago!) is that all BT packages can now have at least some computers covered. Previously it did not include the first level of package.
                          Anne

Comment

I have my line fibre and calls Jackie

Comment

Am not a McAfee fan. Have used variations of Norton and Kasperkys in the past. For last two years have been using Bullguard. Very happy with it.

Comment

Bullguard ? not heard of that will have a look thanks

Comment

Sorry Val I don't know what you mean by fibre. Do you mean BT Infinity? As long as you get your broadband from BT you should get free Virus Protect for 2 devices and would only have to pay £4 per month if you want it on more than 2.

If you have BT Unlimited Infinity 2 you get it free on up to 15 devices

It doesn't help that they keep changing the names of the packages
                                  Jackie

Comment

I tried it for a year Val and when the sub was due for renewal, they came up with an offer of 3 devices for 3 years for only £29.99. Needless to say, I bit their hand off.
                                    Price direct from Bullguard is a huge £49.95 but if you shop around you can get a 3 user licence for 1 year for approx. £20. Check out the price bots like pricerunner.co.uk and kelkoo.co.uk etc.

Comment

I dont understand that Jackie I have got superfast fibre unlimited does that count, I know why I got that message now ,I installed it on a third laptop today, better uninstall it on one then.
                                      Although I might look at what Galloway suggests.

Comment

Sounds like that's what happened. Hope you get it sorted
                                        Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                        X