Advice please on a wireless keyboard and mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please on a wireless keyboard and mouse

not sure whats what, have looked at reviews and its amazing how they differ.
    Also I would like a wireless Epson printer would you recommend them, thanks

Our printers are always Epson and they get a lot of use. The wireless works for my OH who sends stuff to the printer from downstairs. Makes me jump when it starts printing right beside me! Its mostly reliable .....
    Having said that, wireless can sometimes cause inexplicable problems. Sometimes the sound of swearing comes floating up from downstairs and I know the wireless link to the printer is letting him down again! I connected my desktop computer to the router with an ethernet cable (instead of using the wireless facility) and it is so much better! Not only is it faster but also the interference on sound of a program I use disappeared!!
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 08-03-17, 16:40.

Comment

I wont have that problem Anne, Tom wouldn't know how to print anything
      Maybe I'll get a new wired keyboard then as I dont like this one much.

Comment

Hi .. I have a wireless keyboard, mouse and Epson printer and have never had any problems with any of them . They were also very easy to connect.

Comment

Wireless all the way, it's what it says wire less, not a messy cable anywhere. Never had a problem. Wireless printer (HP) once again trouble free. I generally throw it away when the toner (laser) runs out, go figure,
          printer costs around 190-200 Oz dollars, 4 cartridges at 110 each 440 dollars. Sounds crazy but there you are and, by the way the old printer goes to the recyclers.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

thanks both I gave up looking at them last night as some had great reviews and bad reviews, its hard to tell what to go for. I'll have another look today.

Comment

Definitely wireless mouse and keyboard!! I generally would go for Logitech - and as with anything else, you get what you pay for so don't skimp!!

Best to try out the mouse first - I had one that I really could not get on with. It got fantastic reviews but cost a bomb (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) so that went back!!

Tesco/Sainsbury's often sell them ....

Be prepared to have spare batteries around.

I have an HP wireless/network AllinOne printer which is great - we can print from anything to anywhere in the house. The Epson one I had before kept losing its memory/settings so I gave that one away - it also guzzled ink.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline, trouble is I decide on one then read the reviews .:(

Comment

Working...
                X