Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FACEBOOK - my restricted pages opening on friend's computer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FACEBOOK - my restricted pages opening on friend's computer...

Occasionally, I have used my friend's computer to access my google e mails. My name and e-mail address are added as an extra account in his g.mail settings.

He is permanently signed into his own e mail and has to sign and then in to mine with password, to access mine. (He doesn't have the password.)

Today I tried to help him on his computer, create a new Facebook page. He has one that shows up on a Facebook search which he created on a previous computer. I googled Facebook, clicked on sign in/register and it immediately brought up my page as though me. He could access everything and even post as me.

I deleted my e-mail from his account. Still the same. Restarted the computer. Still the same.

Any suggestions how I can proceed with this will be much appreciated.

1. Need to ensure he can't access my full account as though me from his computer.
    2. Be able to create a new account with new e mail address. While it keeps bringing up my account, we can't even do that. I did this with my new computer and it then offered to merge previous Facebook account with new one.

Doesn't seem to be an option to contact them.

Many thanks for reading this. Hope it makes sense.
    Liz

I can't help with your problem but I used to use my husband's account on my iPad. I didn't have my own at the time. When I eventually opened my own account they quickly accused me of havng 'multiple accounts' and locked my new account until I sent them a scan of my passport .... yes really!!
    From this it appears their sytem is set up to assume that each computer or device just has one person using it. Entirely erroneous in my experience.
    Anne

Comment

Tbh Liz that doesn't sound right to me,

he needs to do a Virus scan and a Malware scan.. [https://www.malwarebytes.com/] [and his own antivirus that should be on his computer.]
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Anne & Julie.

An IT friend of his set up his new computer with software etc different to mine. He seems to have lost his AVAST so I installed that for him and scanned with that. He usually has the Malware software (free) but again not on his computer. I have written everything down for him (as he is not computer literate) to ask his friend when he can get him to come over and look at his computer.
        Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
          Thank you Anne & Julie.

An IT friend of his set up his new computer with software etc different to mine. He seems to have lost his AVAST so I installed that for him and scanned with that. He usually has the Malware software (free) but again not on his computer. I have written everything down for him (as he is not computer literate) to ask his friend when he can get him to come over and look at his computer.
          hopefully he gets sorted out
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

A Friend on Facebook has advised me to log out when my Facebook page comes up on my pal's computer. I hadn't twigged you could log out.... Will try it when next over at his house.
            Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
              A Friend on Facebook has advised me to log out when my Facebook page comes up on my pal's computer. I hadn't twigged you could log out.... Will try it when next over at his house.
              I am so sorry Liz, I thought that I had posted a reply tp you this morning - suggesting that you logged out of his computer and cleared cookies and the cache as otherwise it will still come up on the login options. I was on my way out and must have not pressed send!! :(
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you, Caroline. His computer man is calling on Wed so anything I fail to do, am reassured he will be able to do. What a relief!
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X