Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard help

I hope someone may be able to help me.

I was in the middle of typing an email on my laptop and then suddenly half of my keys had stopped working. I've tried every solution the internet says.

Does anyone have any advice?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

OH asks which half JKL?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

On my last laptop I had a similar problem (never resolved as it was on it's way out), my son got me a wireless keyboard which I used for a while and with it was able to back everything up ready for my new laptop.

Comment

Currently I've attached a mac keyboard to it but it's ever so frustrating.

Comment

Sarah,

is it the right side of your keyboard that won't work?
          Julie

Comment

perhaps you have too many crumbs in it ? give it a good shake

Comment

I've read up on the advice for Toshiba keyboards and apparently they do this after a while . I'll try a system restore tomorrow and see if that works.

Comment

Yet another computer problem!
                Having recently had my computer sorted by local computer chap am now having problems again or, at least, I was. I was told by BT internnet (could no longer get into e-mail) to "reduce my pixels" (I hope they are not suggesting that I am taking an illicit substance) - what exactly do it have to do to reduce these? I have changed back to firefox and all seems well at moment BUT maybe I should know what pixels are for the future - suspect they may be to do with print size which I have never changed? Does anyone know (or, more likely, does everyone know except me?) Sue
                Last edited by Sue1; 11-12-16, 23:56. Reason: typo

Comment

Touch wood, my keyboard is fine but am curious to know the significance of which side is not working. Hopefully lennon2011 will answer that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    Touch wood, my keyboard is fine but am curious to know the significance of which side is not working. Hopefully lennon2011 will answer that soon.
                    if you have a numeric keypad and the right side of the keyboard isn't working then there is a button that may have accidentally been hit therefore rendering that side of the keyboard useless.
                    Julie

Comment

Seems to be both parts that are having difficulty, on the Mac the backspace won't work but it will on the laptop and so forth.

Comment

This worked on a laptop on which some keys were not working, the letters p,e,b, the tab down arrow & No8 were the guilty ones. These things are so contrary it could be any one of a 1000 reasons.
                        1 Shut down
                        2 If connected to mains then unplug
                        3 Remove battery
                        4 Hold down power button for about 1 minute (60 seconds or so)
                        5 I then replaced battery, plugged back into mains and rebooted

Comment

If none of these solutions work then can I suggest replacing the keyboard. I don't know which model you have but a replacement keyboard should cost around £15 and with appropriate screwdrives and a YouTube video it should not be too hard to do the job yourself. I have just replaced a clapped out keyboard on an old Compaq laptop, it was not a long job and the difference of course is well worth the effort.

David

Comment

Working...
                          X