Help no memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help no memory?

I could not use the pc at all yesterday am now on laptop, pc kept freezing then got a message memory was low, when I could finally get into Task Manager it had loads of Java things opened on the processes, which seemed odd.
    Have now decided to wipe the pc back to factory after backing up my stuff ,then installing windows 10?
    How easy is it and any suggestions as to what to buy thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 06-11-16, 13:13.

ran a memory diagnostic and the results were fine? so what would the problem be ?

Comment

If you haven't done anything yet (I've been on holiday) try this:-

As you suspect Java, try uninstalling it and see if it improves.

Then download the latest version and install it clean, and see if it is still working OK.

Best place to get a full copy of W10 is probably http://www.ebuyer.com/718677-windows...-bit-kw9-00017

This is the Home Edition on a USB Flash Drive and is £85
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

thanks Pete its funny I did uninstall Java and so far not reinstalled it and the pc is running really fast now, when you say install a clean version what do you mean ? also do I need java?
        If I do put windows 10 on here should I take this back to factory settings or will it take over what I have
        Thanks a lot for your help

Comment

You can download a clean copy of Java here:- https://www.java.com/en/download/

Doing a clean install of Windows, if you can manage it, it is always best to completely re-format the hard drive; that way you know there isn't any rubbish left from the old system.

You should get an option when you start installing to do that; just delete all existing partitions and the installer will create new ones, format them and then install.

There is some help here:- http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-...ll-windows-10/

It does go on about creating installation media, but you will already have that when you purchase Win 10 so you can ignore it.

PS Java is a programming language. Many applications are written in Java and require it to be installed. If all of your apps are working, then you don't need it!
          Last edited by PeteW1959; 10-11-16, 09:39.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

thanks so much for explaining it so well Pete will have a go when I am not too busy.

Comment

Working...
            X