Skype help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype help

I've not used this for some time so tonight have installed it only thing is it recognised my old account but I dont have that email address anymore and dont remember my password, I cannot change my password without using the old email address which is defunct.
    How can I stop Skype recognising my account so I can start afresh , or how to change password using my new email for reply
    Thanks

Dave said to try creating a new account and then tell Skype to log in using the new account. That might work.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I don't use Skype so can't advise on doing from within the application, but you should be able to delete your old profile.

Exit Skype then go to C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Skype.

If you can't see AppData make sure 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' is on (how you do this is dependent on Windows version).

In this Skype folder should be one with your user name; delete it.

Start Skype, then create a new profile.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

thanks Wendy it wont let me start a new account thats what I tried to do it keeps recognising the old one, even though its years ago Thanks Pete will try that I am only going back to it as yahoo has stopped their messenger and I need one.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-10-16, 12:01.

Comment

Are you sorted with SKYPE. If not . Open Skype with your old login details. Then open TOOLS go to OPTIONS. at bottom click on ADD CONTACT DETAILS. this will show your profile and their you can add your new emails address and change your password. Let me know if this sorts it for you! Sorry just read your original post did not realise you had lost your password. New email address and new password should open new account.......
          Last edited by rivington; 30-01-17, 19:51.
          Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

thanks rivington I did sort it eventually I did what you suggest started a new account, took forever though as it kept recognising me.

Comment

I used to have Skype [when it first started] I have tried going back to it several times, but my computer just doesn't like it for some reason. [it must be clashing with some other program] I just use FB messenger now..
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I cannot get on with the FB one its too small Skype one is great, shame you are having problems using it .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  I cannot get on with the FB one its too small Skype one is great, shame you are having problems using it .
                  you can resize FB messenger on your puter screen.. I often do that.. why they had to muck about and lose MSN messenger I do not know.. I for one don't think it was much of an 'improvement' merging it with Skype.
                  Julie

Comment

I loved yahoo msn but that went too, I have finally ordered a new pc hope skype will work on that

Comment

After having trouble all week found it was an update they did, and the solution worked ,you had to go to the Skype folder and delete xml files, it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        After having trouble all week found it was an update they did, and the solution worked ,you had to go to the Skype folder and delete xml files, it worked.
                        cool. I don't use skype now as I use FB messenger :smilee:
                        Julie

Comment

as I said I cannot get on with that, much prefer this.

Comment

Working...
                          X