Printer Woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Woes.

My trusty HP photosmart printer which prints beautifull quality photos & will scan slides & negatives seems to have a serious problem, the ink system has failed & im getting strange error messages, it will do nothing, not scan or print or even communicate with the pc, it must be 12/13 years old but its the best printer ever & i realy want to get it working again, I dont think anyone fixes them anymore as you can buy a new one at a very reasonable price, ive looked but can not find another one with the features this one has, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it.

Ummm .... sadly its old and clogged. Frankly I'm amazed you still have it running after 13 years!
    Anne

Comment

You have my sympathies. I also cannot find a replacement for my trusty old Epson. Nobody does all in one machine with a slides carriage these days. Fortunately mine is still ok, I had wanted to update it to a wifi model.

Comment

Hi to both of you, I have an old brother all in one, and over at least the last three years it has stopped functioning, I looked for forums discussing the make and model of my printer and found great tips to bring them back to live, (wish I could do the same to some of old relatives) on one occasion it was simply the the counter in the printer memory had reached a certain figure and it stopped doing anything, I found a message off some one who had worked on these printers and although it was a bit technical I managed to turn the counter back to zero, that was at least two to three years ago, and it is still working, touch wood, let me know the make and Model No and the error messaged displayed and I will see what I can find. Robert

Comment

you could try here first

Comment

I must admit im surprised it has lasted this long, it was originaly bought in England & came to Aus on a cargo ship with the rest of my gear when i moved back here, its survived numerous house moves & just kept going, until recently:(
            Val, I tried your link but hp no longer support my model & there is no help available.
            Robert its a photosmart 3210.
            Anne, ive always been carefull to keep it clean but maybe there are parts that need cleaning, just not sure which ones.

Comment

if you google you may find some help have you tried youtube its amazing what helpful videos you can find on there
              but in the meantime