computer making whirring sort of noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer making whirring sort of noise

I get this now and again loud whirring sort of noise when i go onto Computer just wondering what it could be thank you for any help.

Granabella

Maybe the fan is clogged with dust? The computer could overheat and turnitself off.
    Anne

Comment

Thank you Anne I dont have a tower so wouldent know how to check but I will look into it thank you again.

Granabella

Comment

If it is a laptop, it could be one of two things

1. Like Anne said it could be a dust clogged fan (Normally on underside of the laptop).

2. Have you left a CD in the Optical disc drive that is trying to run?

Originally posted by granabella View Post
        Thank you Anne I dont have a tower so wouldent know how to check but I will look into it thank you again.

Granabella

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hello Trevour, yes I had left a C.D. in im using a table top Computer thank you for your help I was a bit worried .

Granabella

Comment

That's ok.
            Beats paying £20 an hour for an engineer to press the eject button for you :-)

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

yes defo thats made me smile thanks again Trevor.

Granabella

Comment

Working...
              X