Add on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on ?

When i go to the arcade to play a game it says i need an Add on....how and where do i go to get one please

Thank you for your help
    Jacky

am not sure but maybe its Adobe Flash ? does it not tell you which one ? maybe this
    Adobe Flash Player End of Life general information
    Last edited by Guest; 11-01-16, 13:14.

Comment

Hiya Val

No, it doesn't say which one, I'll have a go with the link you have given me. Thanks!
      Jacky

Comment

DON'T install addons unless you research them first.
        Too many site now have popups etc that tell you that you need to upgrade this or instal that to play or use it (that includes streaming videos), and these are in most cases fake. Clicking an agreeing to install something you do not know what it is really needed for will open you to nasty malware or even worse, ransomware.

If a site tells you that you need to install or upgrade to use it........ CLOSE IT the risk is not worth it

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hiya Trevor

Thank you for this info....I didn't get a chance to download the Flash Player. I'm not very good with computers and always ask advice, will this link be safe for me to download please?

Jacky
          Jacky

Comment

Trevor if this site is saying she needs an add on to play the games then what one would she need , maybe then its Java ?
            Jacky go on the site help thread that way your question will be seen quicker.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-01-16, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
              When i go to the arcade to play a game it says i need an Add on....how and where do i go to get one please
              Jacky, can you replicate the exact message you get?
              Elaine

Comment

oh good Elaine is on the case

Comment

READ THIS: http://www.enigmasoftware.com/malwar...-player-sites/

If it asks you to update your flash player DO NOT CLICK ON IT

Go to the site who actually produce the Flash player, this being Adobe
                  Download and install the latest version of THEIR flash player and you will know that you are fully up to date.

If the site still wants you to 'update' it proves it is a fake and is trying to get you to install malware.

The same goes for ANY site that says you need something updated or added to use/play it.
                  Onlu install from the people who actually create the code and not third party links.
                  Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 13-01-16, 12:36.

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

That is the same link I gave Trevor ? I always make sure its the genuine thing before I suggest it.

Comment

I make a lot of money doing private system cleaning of malware and always spend time to educate people on how to think first and stay safe

Researching:

Comment

yes I know that Trevor been glad of your help before now I was just saying your link is the same as the one I put up earlier so it must be genuine.

Comment

I was pointing out to the original poster of the thread the need to not respond to any of the messages, but use the actual provider's site Val.
                          It reinforced the reason that you had added the link :-)

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          yes I know that Trevor been glad of your help before now I was just saying your link is the same as the one I put up earlier so it must be genuine.

Researching:

Comment

Thank you all for your help - it's much appreciated! I am on my kindle now but will download the link on the laptop later.
                            Jacky

Comment

oh yes I see Trevor , its so easy to click on what you think is the legit site, and also quite often they try to make you add things you dont want I used to fall for that .
                              Good luck Jacky

Comment

Working...
                              X