Adobe Flash Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player

I have recently changed to Firefox and apart from trying to save things to my pics etc (where on earth do they go I ask myself) I am very happy with it.

Today I have just had an alert onscreen from Mozerello ?Morzillo (something to do with Firefox anyway) telling me that my Adobe plugin has crashed. Is it important. I can't see any plugs externally on the computer so must be an internal thingy:

a) does anyone know what it is - I would be interested to know.
    b) what do I have to do to re-attach it.

I know this sounds really stupid but I am really stupid when it comes to computers - they either work or they don't - I have learned the hard way never to fiddle with them - it all goes wrong when I start to try and fix things. Sue

have a look at this Sue
    The Adobe Flash plugin lets you view video and animated content in Firefox. Learn how to install and update Flash and fix problems with it.

Comment

Many thanks Val. I have read the link you gave (several times) still not entirely sure what the adobe player is - nor what to do with it - doesn't seem to be anything wrong with computer - perhaps I should restrain myself from trying to fix something that "ain't broke"!
      I know it is a "plug in" (this is what initially caused confusion whilst looking for empty plughole) and I suspect it is to do with saving pictures - I don't think mine are saving in the normal way, if at all. Have a dropdown on the screen (a downward arrow on the top right) which, when I put cursor on it, tells me I am viewing the progress of picture saving (or similar) - they do not appear to be saving. If they save they should go to Win7.

Comment

Flash Player is used to watch videos online.

My son says it should reload again when you need it on another web page.
        Last edited by WendyPusey; 06-12-15, 12:33.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

When I save an image I right click on the image and tell it to save image. A folder opens and I save it there or wherever I want it to be saved. I am on Windows 7.
          Wendy

Comment

Many thanks Wendy - glad to know what it does - I actually don't watch videos on the computer so really don't need the Adobe Flash Player presumably.
            My pictures that I have tried to save are supposed to go to Win7 but appear not to be going anywhere other than into a list at the top of the page under a "down" arrow. I will have a good look at Win7 and see if any of them have found their way there. Sue

PS am also on Windows7
            Last edited by Sue1; 06-12-15, 12:55.

Comment

You may need Flash Player if you wish to watch a small video on the News or some other website. Not just used for large videos.
              Last edited by WendyPusey; 06-12-15, 13:16.
              Wendy

Comment

Flash Player is used for a mutiple of media related tasks, from videos to adverts on screen. It will ocassionalyy crash, as will any application, but it is not really an issue. If after a crash, anything looks odd in your internet browser, simply close and restart the browser. Flash should restart normally. Very occasionaly you may have to restart your PC.

I'm at my works Pc at bthe moment but will have a look at my home laptop when I get back to to guide you through the saving of pictures/files etc in Firefox.

Comment

Sue, is there a folder in your 'Documents' list called 'Downloads' or similar? The pictures you download might be automatically saved there. You can move them to the folder you want them in from the Downloads folder.
                  Anne

Comment

Working...
                  X