PC keeps freezing ,what does this mean please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC keeps freezing ,what does this mean please

Not always but often when I open a new window and try to access a website the PC freezes and even Task Manager takes ages to open, just had it again and this is what it said at the bottom of the PC
    Waiting for static.adsafeprotected.com

Sometimes ,generally when I am trying to go to FMP it says waiting for internet cache

Have googled some say its a Virus some say its about Flashplayer

Thanks

It is not Flash related and do not believe the scaremonger sites who want you to use their application services to remove a supposed virus
    static.adsafeprotected.com
    Looking up the information of the domain on WhoIs
    "adsafeprotected.com is a domain used by Integral Ad Science. It is used to determine if ad views and clicks are high-quality and valid"

Basically it looks like it is one of the tools that advertisers use in websites to check the effectiveness of the advertisements that they keep embedding in the pages.
    Sometimes the actual code written in the page can have errors in it, which causes problems in the correct working of background services, thus freezing the page.

Google themselves has recently been testing this domain address and confirm that is does NOT contain or distribute malware

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks again Trevor so there is nothing I can do about it then?

Comment

not really, the problem is that site designers will focus on sites for high spec PCs and fast connections and it is the lower spec PCs or people with slower connections that suffer.
        It is one of the key points I put across to my developer course learners when they design theirs for the sessions.

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I hadn't realised I had a slow connection thanks again Trevor.

Comment

Working...
          X