Judy in the States maintenance help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judy in the States maintenance help

I've got a desktop computer off my daughter it drives me mad as it is soooo slow I can be reading the paper its as though it has to warm up so thought I would give it a clean and remembered Judy she was such a big help does anyone remember her? it says go onto start then click onto Run but it isn't on this computer what should I do instead thank you for any help

Originally posted by granabella View Post
    I've got a desktop computer off my daughter it drives me mad as it is soooo slow I can be reading the paper its as though it has to warm up so thought I would give it a clean and remembered Judy she was such a big help does anyone remember her? it says go onto start then click onto Run but it isn't on this computer what should I do instead thank you for any help
    Hi I'm using Win 8.1 but I think this works for most recent Windows if you have a windows key on your keyboard: press Win+r and that should bring up the Run box.

David

Comment

Thank you David, I will have a go but not sure what windows key is on keyboard.

Granabella

Comment

Thank you David got it now thank you again.

Granabella.

Comment

I remember Judy in the states she was wonderful does she still post anywhere, she used to be on GR.

Comment

I remember her too - great advice which I used at the time. Don't forget it was a long time ago though (10+ years?) and tech has moved on. Advice given then might not still hold true, or there might be easier ways of doing stuff.
            Anne

Comment

I actually saved Judy in the States 'One Stop Routine PC Maintenance', which I am happy to send to anyone who likes to PM me with their email addie.....but as already mentioned, it is many years out of date now and I haven't looked at it for years.

Beverley

Comment

I wonder if she updated her advice ? has anybody seen her lately

Comment

Hello Val Anne and Beverly, I've looked but can't find Judy-in -the-States what a shame she was brilliant and helped so many people I would love it if you could send me the 1 stop routine pc maintenance Beverly I did print it out but a lot of words down right side are missing I've just routed it out as I thought might get some tips and yes it is some time ago the years pass so quickly I would like to know if she is still around thank you all.

p.s. There was a man who put some thing on for us I think his name started with an A but just cant remember at the moment.

Granabella

Comment

Not sure how to pm you so long since ive done that.

Granabelle

Comment

Hi Granabelle. Just click on 'Macbev' in the left hand column, then on 'private message' in the drop down menu. If you send me your email address, I'll post off the document tomorrow....about to head off to bed in a moment

Beverley

Comment

somebody on GR has given me links to three of her tip boards so if anybody wants them and they have GR

Comment

Working...
                        X