new laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new laptop

Hello I hope someone can help me, new laptop does not have a cd drive and want to install FTM I have backed up my files but what do I load first,files or FTM disc Thanks Fay.

Doesn't really matter but probably best to install the disc first as the installation will automatically create a folder in My Documents called Family Tree Maker.
    Once the program has been installed then transfer your files into that folder and all should be well!
    Any problems come back and ask and someone will talk you through it!
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, will do that tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Fay.

Comment

Hello Again ,have now installed FTM not sure if it is 8-1 but font size seems small is there something I can do to change it , now have to learn how to work 8-1 thanks again Fay.

Comment

Not sure which version of FTM you are using but on FTM 2014 there is an option to enlarge font size.
          TOOLS >> OPTIONS >> GENERAL >> tick box USE LARGE FONTS
          Elaine

Comment

Thank You Elaine have just done that much better ,it was 2014 thank you for your quick replies regards Fay

Comment

Originally posted by fay48 View Post
              Hello I hope someone can help me, new laptop does not have a cd drive and want to install FTM I have backed up my files but what do I load first,files or FTM disc Thanks Fay.
              Hi, just wondering how you installed FTM disc without cd drive?? Did you transfer them onto external memory drive??
              Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Hello sorry been away so just seen this, I used external hard drive but only thing that did not work is the certs don't appear to have come through thankfully I have back up of them and just add them on as I go along, just glad got all the rest.Regards Fay.

Comment

LL, I have a portable CD player which plugs into the USB socket fitted in the laptop. They are relatively inexpensive.
                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
                  X