Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep having to enter passwords?

Glad you still have this help board

I dont know what it is but possibly since I updated firefox? or since I did a CCleaner ? I have to keep entering user name and passwords on sites that I have always had them saved on - like ebay or amazon, even though the "remember me" box on them is ticked?

Its a pain because I have to keep asking for new passwords as they seem to keep saying the ones I use are incorrect I look them up on the saved passwords thing on options but when I enter the saved one still it will say incorrect and I have to ask for a new one?

I know that may sound loopy Hopefully someone will know what I mean please xxx

I'm not too clever with pc terminology Heather but I have to keep entering my password on BT internet. I think the problem is CCleaner which takes out the 'cookies' for most Sites. I also have the same problem when I run Malwarebytes. Most programmes want me to enter passwords after running these Cleaners.

Comment

You should set CCleaner not to remove cookies. Mine never removes mine.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
        You should set CCleaner not to remove cookies. Mine never removes mine.

Hi,thanks I did do that :( Ive actually removed that program completely. Ive checked just about everything. I just came on here to answer to find that my remembered password and name had disappeared too :(

Ive checked its not on private browsing - nope. Ive checked I have remember history checked. yep.

Comment

I dont have it checked on CCleaner but quite often I have to sign into sites dont know why ?

Comment

Can I join the pool of discontented password losers too? Recently when using Chrome my puta kept coming up with "loading proxy data" and just sat there. Went back to Windows explorer which is really hit and miss, sometimes I can get in, other times I have to reload name and password. Driving me dottier than I already am.:(
            Last edited by grumpy; 23-03-15, 09:13.
            Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Decent antivirus programs have password safes which allow storage and autocomplete of passwords etc.

You then just have to remember the one master password or you can even allow the password safe to automatically log on so you do not have to remember any passwords.
              Cheers
              Guy
              Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi all, well not sure if its actually my kaspersky internet suite that is causing the problem to be honest. I suddenly had a little box come up with said Firefox profile on it and there were three entries, one which said safe mode and two others with default followed by text. I deleted (in ignorance) the safe mode one which was highlighted and went with the next default one.

Fingers crossed Ive had the passwords on every site Ive been to remembered so far today No idea what the little box was though.................

Comment

Until recently I have never had to mess around with auto passwords, as long as the box "remember me" is ticked all was well. Now for an unknown (as yet) reason if the

machine is a bit slow in loading up the forum etc, that box has been unticked, my forum name removed but the password is still there. The result is that I have to log in again

with all the details in place. Am suspecting that it could be something to do with recent upgrades of W8.1. So far it has just been inconvenient, especially when one is doing a

jaunt around various forums.
                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

I read an article about passwords which I thought was a great idea , you just use the same word for all the sites and just change the numbers for instance England 1 England 2 England 3 but just write the numbers down somewhere not the word as it should be easy to remember, and you dont want anybody else finding it .

Comment

Working...
                    X