Quarter of an inch white stripe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter of an inch white stripe ?

Good morning ...I have just put on my Laptop and it has a Quarter of an inch white stripe right down it about a third of the way across the screen .
    My 12 yr old Grandaughter has stayed the last 2 nights as she has Tonsilitis ....HAS SHE DROPPED it - or is there another technical explanation ?
    next to the white stripe are3 pink /1 light blue /1 white /1 pink very minute stripes as well less than a millimetre in width
    Does it look like my PC is on its way out??
    thanks
    allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Just asked my IT son and he says it looks like it's probably been dropped and the screen is damaged.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 30-01-15, 08:05.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks very much Wendy - I suspected that - I was just checking it wasn't a fault developed - wait until she gets up - she is in for it ....the wrath of grandad ...lol
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

I had the same thing happen to a laptop of mine once Allan. It turned out that the screen was giving up (it hadn't been dropped). It's why I won't look at HP again, because it was an expensive one bought when I retired. Hopefully to last a good while. It lasted until just after the guarantee ran out.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

All laptops are prone to screen damage no matter what make!! You can get screens repaired, my son does it for people at work.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

A bit late in the day but I couldn't help but ask if the laptop had caught Tonsillitis........................sorry, Allan couldn't resist. Did insurance pay out?

Comment

Working...
            X