No announcement yet.

BT Broadband usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUST got my phone line and broadband properly restored late this afternoon - had a text from BT to tell me. Sometimes I could make calls, sometimes I could get online but no-one has been able to phone me for nearly 3 weeks. I had said I would get the car out and drive up there to ask the men what was happening if it wasn't repaired by today. I think I would get more sense from them than the so-called "advisors" at the end of the phone. Anyway, it seems to be working. I had my neighbour ring me to test; it seems very odd to hear the phone ring again....and so loud!

I have every intention of claiming compensation from them as it wasn't repaired within three working days. I even had my credit card suspended because of this. The bank were suspicious because I was putting so much credit on the mobile I hardly ever normally use and were then even more suspicious when they couldn't phone me to ask about it. That was embarrassing as I had to use a neighbour's phone to unlock my card. As Christine says, you have to ask for compensation which I agree is very wrong. I pay my line rental a year in advance and my broadband, caller display and answer service are paid monthly in advance so they have had money for services I haven't been getting. They should automatically refund that without being asked. The relevant page on their website has the cheek to say you will be compensated if BT think you are entitled!!!!! What an awful company to deal with. I wish I had another alternative.
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

We found this page on the web... it looks potentially very useful for this sort of situation.

This is the first para of their home page:
      Welcome to CEOemail.com. We're here to connect you to the CEOs of major companies and other organisations so you can get the responses you want. Please browse the list or use the search box below to find the company you're looking for and the individual CEO email address you need.
      Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 06-02-15, 22:45.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I wrote a letter of complaint to the CEO of BT and have just received a phone call from someone who had had the letter passed to them. He was very apologetic about the lack of communication and poor customer service. They are giving me a full refund of my last month's charges plus an extra month free by way of apology. He also thanked me for complaining, saying they need to know when customers aren't happy. So thanks Christine for that web address which helped me direct my letter exactly where it needed to go. I only posted it on Monday and had a response before mid-day today which just goes to show that they CAN do it, it is the way their general customer service lines are set up that is at fault.
        Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thats a briliant result Ann pleased for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann from Sussex View Post
            I wrote a letter of complaint to the CEO of BT and have just received a phone call from someone who had had the letter passed to them. He was very apologetic about the lack of communication and poor customer service. They are giving me a full refund of my last month's charges plus an extra month free by way of apology. He also thanked me for complaining, saying they need to know when customers aren't happy. So thanks Christine for that web address which helped me direct my letter exactly where it needed to go. I only posted it on Monday and had a response before mid-day today which just goes to show that they CAN do it, it is the way their general customer service lines are set up that is at fault.
            I'm so glad you able to get a Result!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              I'm so glad you able to get a Result!

Christine
              Brilliant isn't it? You must take some of the credit Christine because, without your help I might not have been able to direct that letter to the person who could get things done. He needs to have more of the same sent to him. Things might change then. By the way, a friend had been banging her head against the brickwall of her former energy company's useless billing department for over a year. She found the CEO's name and contact details on the same website and yesterday had a phone call which seems to have sorted out her problem....so thank you from her too!
              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                Downloading uses a lot and even looking at you-tube often can make a difference Val. Watching programmes on I-player of course will eat it up. When we only had the minimum 10GB I used to check the usage monitor regularly because hubby is always downloading something. In all the time we were on it though I only had to pay the extra £10 twice. After that, if we were getting close to 10 and it was near the end of the month I used to ask hubby if he could wait for any downloading for a day or two. We very seldom watched I-player in those days though. Since we went onto the new superfast fibre one we have 40GB, so I don't have to worry.
                Oh what luxury - 10gb. Broadband is max of 1mb/s where we live so opted for a Huawei wifi key. It is about the size of a small mobile phone and uses a sim card. I have opted for the largest allowance of 5Gb/month at 3G speeds and, most of the time we manage, just about. Last month I realised that, having spent 3 - 4 hours at our first attempt at Skype, we had used all our allowance with the first 10 days so had to cope with 2G speeds for the remainder. The advantage of the key is that it is fully mobile so gets used quite a lot when we are out and about in our motorhome here in France.

J
                Research Interests :-Dominy in Dorset prior to 1800, Page in Radnorshire area pre 1850

Comment

Papi Jean I'm afraid i would have to move, I would just die without the internet might have to watch more telly . Chrissie we cannot get Fibre here yet.

Comment

After my Husband died in 2008 I had to change the direct debit from his account into my own name and bank account, I only had the land line charges with BT as my phone and internet were with Sky, unknown to me BT contacted Sky took over my MAC number and phone line, I had free anytime calls with Sky and BT charged me for all daytime calls at top rate and I knew nothing about it still believing I was with Sky.
                    After 9 months of letter writing and phoning and going through the Ombudsman I managed to get awarded my money back and £25 compensation for 9 months of mental anguish while I should have been grieving for my late husband.
                    The only way I could get my money back and the compensation was to close my account in total and go back with SKY and I swore BT would never again get my custom even if I had to revert to Bongo Drums or smoke signals.
                    They have just taken over Orange and O2 so I have changed my payg to a contract with another company.
                    Good Luck you will need it, they just pull the plug when you are speaking to them at the call centre.

Edna

Comment

BT have acquired EE (Orange and T-Mobile) not O2, O2 is in the process of being purchased by Hutchison Whampoa (the owners of Three)
                      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry to hear of the terrible time BT gave you Edna. They really are a difficult company to deal with. This week I have had cause to phone two building societies with queries. After the trauma of my dealings with BT in the last month it was so refreshing to speak to two people who understood immediately what I was asking, knew the answers and were pleasant and efficient. Sadly, I was also surprised which is a terrible indictment of a lot of customer telephone service these days.
                        Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

My daughter works for BT and she is a call centre operator. As part of her employment package, she can have free BT broadband phone etc. She doesn't use it!

OC

Comment

well that says a lot OC:(

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                              My daughter works for BT and she is a call centre operator. As part of her employment package, she can have free BT broadband phone etc. She doesn't use it!

OC
                              I wish I knew how to get through to the call centre your daughter works at OC. No matter which 0800 number I have tried, I always end up speaking to someone in India....and I'm assuming she doesn't work in India!
                              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
                              X