Google search box too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google search box too small

I had trouble with IE so set it back to default now my google search box which is on the right of the IE favourites bar is tiny how do I get it back bigger please.

I see nobody is answering. The question is tricky since IE changes this functionality quite frequently. If you haven't solved it yet could you provide
    (1) the version of Windows which are you using
    (2) the version of IE which you are using
    (3) do you have the Google Toolbar add-on installed and enabled
    (4) have you tried searching by inputting your search into the address box (also known as the omnibox) and hitting enter

David

Comment

Thanks again David for replying I did google and saw something about it being changed but did not understand if you could still get it
      I am on Vista and do have the google toolbar installed and enabled.

Comment

Hi Val

I guess that you are running IE8 or possibly IE9. Unfortunately I don't have either browser available to check. I have looked online and the solutions all seem to come down to alterations in the Windows Registry which is a bit drastic.

First of all. Do you have the Google toolbar ticked in the View Menu? View > Toolbars >Google Toolbar ticked. If you do then there is likely to be a problem with the Google Toolbar Add-on if not then ticking it may solve the problem.

Failing that I would suggest that you uninstall the Google Toolbar via the Windows Control Panel and then download and install it afresh. Use this link

as it is on Google. Do make sure that you verify that you want things like making Google your home page etc.

David

Comment

that worked great thanks David have a nice big search box now, but one thing I dont understand, this is the Google toolbar but not google chrome , is that right ? if so and I want googlechrome and install it will it affect this toolbar ? thanks very much

Comment

Yes, it is not Google Chrome. I am using Google Chrome (on Windows 7) and it does not need the Google Toolbar - you simply use the address box as a search box.

If you want to switch to Chrome then you can download it from Google here https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/#eula. Support for Vista is mentioned in the list of Windows operating systems supported so it should be fine.

David
            Last edited by DavidNewton; 14-11-14, 20:29.

Comment

thanks very much David all sorted now

Comment

Working...
              X